How to connect printer to wifi ?
Modern MFP models can connect to a personal computer not only through a standard USB cable, but also through a wireless network. Wi-Fi technology is used as the main interface, which makes it possible to install the device not in the immediate vicinity of the PC, but in any convenient place. When buying a new printer, users wonder how the Pantum m6500w connects via Wi-Fi and what it takes.
How to connect pantum printer to wifi
Pantum m6500w Wi-Fi connection to laptop
How can I connect my Pantum m6500w MFP to my computer via Wi-Fi? The manufacturer offers two options for connecting the device:
- through infrastructure mode – the combination takes place with the help of a wireless router;
- via direct input – the printer is connected to the laptop or PC directly, using wi-fi.
Note: The developers emphasize that if you select any of the above modes, the gadget will interact only with one PC. Simultaneous activation of several devices is not possible, only sequential.
Connecting via Infrastructure Mode
How do I connect my Pantum m6500 printer to my laptop via Wi-Fi? If the router is compatible with the WPS function, the connection is made via the keys on the device body. The computer is not involved in the debugging process. The procedure is as follows:
- The MFP must be turned on and wait for the signal that it is ready to work.
- On the control panel click the button to connect to wi-fi.
- Press key “WPS” on the router – before the manipulation it is necessary to disconnect the network cable.
Important: Automatic connection will be established in any case, even if the access point does not broadcast the SSID into the network and works with encrypted traffic type.
Direct USB connection for Wi-Fi setup
When connecting via USB cable to the Pantum m6500w printer, Wi-Fi setup requires you to connect and debug using the following scheme:
- Start the setup tool.
- Several network options will appear on the display, choose the necessary one. If the name of the access point is not in the registry, then it is entered manually.
- Perform authorization – enter a password and select the type of network encryption.
- If the procedure is successful, you will see a window with the connection information.
Important: The system will respond with an error message if the connection is incorrect. The user should check the information for logging into the wireless network and try again after correcting it.
Pantum p2500w Wi-Fi connection
Users who have recently purchased an MFP are faced with the question of how the Pantum 2500w can be connected to Wi-Fi. The process follows a similar pattern as with earlier models of printers from the same manufacturing company.
Connecting via infrastructure mode
For the Pantum p2500w, you can connect to Wi-Fi through a wireless router if the access point and printer support WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup. The procedure requires the use of the device control panel, without a personal computer:
- On it, press and hold the “wi-fi” button.
- Then the same action is performed on the router with the “WPS” or “PBC” key. Press and hold the button for two minutes.
- The MFP will be automatically connected to the wireless network.
Important! The wireless router must support the WPS functionality, and its debugging is only performed when the network cable is disconnected.
Direct connection via USB for Wi-Fi setup
To create a pair, two devices (a personal computer and a printer) must be connected using a USB cord. Then start the wireless configuration tool on the laptop. The printer will attempt to connect when it receives wireless configuration information from the USB port.
How to configure Wi-Fi on the Pantum m6550nw
Users are faced with the question of how to properly configure the Pantum m6500w printer via Wi-Fi. The scheme takes place using two techniques.
Connecting via infrastructure mode
Setting up Wi-Fi on the Pantum m6550nw follows an algorithm:
- Through “start” go to the “printers and devices” control panel.
- On the display, look for the “add printer” or “install” box.
- Clicking on it brings up a list in which you select “add wireless, network or Bluetooth”. If there are no suitable devices in the registry, they click on the inscription below and specify the type of gadget “TPC/IP device”.
- At the offer of the system, enter the port number (to which the device is connected) and its IP address.
- Select the subsection “special” and move to “change settings”. There you enter your data and specify the protocol “LPR”.
- Wait for the Windows operating system to automatically install the drivers or install them manually.
- Name the MFP and, if necessary, share access to it.
Important: After installing the required drivers, you can select the printer as the default printer.
Direct USB connection for Wi-Fi setup
When connecting the device to a laptop via wifi, the user can connect the Pantum m6500w without entering the Wi-Fi password. The necessary information is searched on the network, where its name will be listed as “Pantum-AP-XXXXXXXX”, where the unknown is the MAC address digits.
If there is an urgent need to disconnect the gadget from the wireless connection, the procedure is performed on the printer:
- It is enough to press the “wi-fi” key on the control panel and hold it for 2 seconds.
- Then check if the procedure is correct by pressing and holding the “cancel or continue” button – to print the setup page.
- The success of the process is indicated by information about the IP address of the device – the configuration page will show the numbers “0.0.0.0”.
New models of printing gadgets give more options for placement and access from multiple devices (personal computer, cell phone or tablet). What challenges await the owner of a new MFP: If the technique is set up according to the instructions, you can quickly connect and print documents at any suitable time. The latest software and up-to-date drivers can always be downloaded from the manufacturer’s official page.
How to connect lexmark printer to wifi ?
Lexmark E120 Printer: How do I connect to the Internet?
Today almost every workplace has a printer with which you can perform various operations – from ordinary photocopies to scanning. A wired connection is not always necessary, you can connect the office equipment via WiFi or the Internet. Such a connection simplifies the operation of the device, you can work with it remotely. It is important to use good accessories, often choose original Lexmark cartridges, which are fully compatible with the printer and ensure its fast operation. The model can be chosen for a specific type of equipment.
To work with the Lexmark E120 printer, you need to know how to properly connect it to the Internet. In most cases, the office equipment is operated in small offices and the classic WiFi connection is enough. Let’s consider in more detail how to properly connect such equipment to a computer, tablet or laptop via the Internet.
Connecting the printer to the Internet
To connect the Lexmark E120 printer via WiFi, you need to prepare your computer and the device for work by downloading the necessary drivers. To do this, you need to go to the manufacturer’s official website, find and download the folder with the installation files. They are selected for the specific model of the device, they usually come in an archive and are downloaded in one file. Once you find the drivers, download them to the media or save them to your work computer.
Next, install the files:
- turn on the work computer to which the printer will be connected;
- turn on the router that will distribute the Internet at the workplace and make the necessary settings;
- The device is quickly turned on by pressing the WPS Wi-Fi Protected button;
- Unpack the files, follow the step-by-step steps offered by the service;
- wait a few minutes to configure the set configurations;
- complete the connection by connecting the device to the router.
After completing all these steps, the printer will be ready to work – it can be activated for printing through the router. You should choose a good model for the Internet distribution, they do not affect the speed, provide quality work of the office equipment.
If there are any problems when connecting, try to restart the router with the computer. Often difficulties arise when downloading incompatible drivers, this situation can be corrected by installing the files recommended by the manufacturer.
How to connect your Canon printer to WiFi ?
How to connect your Canon MX490 printer to WiFi ?
Follow these simple instructions to connect my Canon Pixma MX490 printer to WiFi
Setting up to connect your Canon MX490 printer to Wi-Fi
- To get started with the Canon MX490 printer, the user needs to make sure that the printer is turned on.
- The user then needs to press the Setup button to connect the MX490 printer to WiFi.
- In addition, the user should use the left or right arrow buttons to select the wireless network setting that they wish to connect to the printer.
- The user should then press the OK button and continue with the process.
- The printer will then automatically find a connection to a compatible wireless router.
- Press and hold the WPS switch on the wireless router.
- Press the OK button on the printer for 2 minutes.
- When the Connected screen appears, press the OK button.
- Then press the COPY button.
- This completes the network connection setup.
WPS PIN method – Connect using a WPS PIN:
- Select Other Setup and press the OK button.
- Select WPS PIN and press the OK button.
- Then set the PIN code on the wireless router.
- When the screen shows “Connected,” press the OK button.
- After that, press the COPY button.
- The WPS PIN setting for the network connection is complete.
Wireless Setup Method – Connecting via Wireless Setup:
- Select “Other Setup Option” and press the OK button.
- Select the Wireless Setup option, and then press the OK button.
- When the preparation of your printer is complete, a screen will appear.
Alternatively, you can try an alternative way of setting up the Canon Pixma MX490 wireless LAN which is shown below:
- For this alternative process, the user must run the installation CD on their computer.
- Next, from the options provided, the user needs to select the wireless option.
- The user should then turn on the printer and make sure that the blue light is blinking.
- The user should then click on the network connection option.
- Now select WPS for automatic wireless connection.
- To connect wirelessly, the user simply needs to press the Wi-Fi button and hold it down until it turns orange.
- After that, once the printer is connected, the user can see the blue light flashing, which means that the printer is connected to the network.
- The user should then click on the “Next” option and provide the necessary information to complete the installation process.
And once this process is completed, the question of how to connect the Canon MX490 printer to WiFi is solved.So, now you can easily connect your Canon printer to a Wi-Fi printer and easily print documents.
How to connect samsung printer to wifi ?
How to connect your Samsung Xpress M2020W printer via Wi-Fi
Hello everyone, in today’s article we are going to have just one topic, namely, setting up WiFi in the Samsung m2020w model printer. Let me tell you right away that there are two ways to connect the device to the wireless network. The first is the “infrastructure mode”, when the device connects first to the router, and already through it you can have access from a computer, laptop, phone or other device.
The second is the “Ad-hoc mode”, when the connection between the computer and the printer is direct via Wi-Fi. Below I will list all the possible methods, connections. If you have any questions as a result of reading the article – write them in the comments.
WPS is such a handy button that allows you to quickly connect two devices. If your router supports this connection and it has such a button, then go ahead. Also this connection has some peculiarity. You can connect just by pushing it, but you can connect by entering a special PIN code. The PIN code is stated on the label under the router and consists of 8 digits. There are two ways to do this.
Press the “WPS” button on the panel of the machine. Press it for about a few seconds until the light starts flashing. Next, walk up to the router and immediately press the same button there. After that the light should blink and connect to the router.
WITH THE PIN.
First we need to find out the PIN. To do this, press the WPS button for 10 seconds or more. A report sheet will come up with the desired value. Next, we press the WPS button for 3 seconds, until the light starts flashing. Now from the laptop, connect to the new printer network and enter the appropriate PIN.
Setting it up with a software program
- To set up a wireless network, you must first connect your Samsung Xpress m2020 printer to your computer or laptop via a USB cable. The cable can be found in the box.
- Now take the disk that should come with the machine and insert it into the CD-ROM. You can also download this program “Samsung Easy Wireless Setup” from the official website.
- First you will be greeted by the program, just click “Next”. Now you need to choose the type of connection, we will connect the machine via Wi-Fi, so choose the bottom item, as in the picture above.
- Make sure that the printer is not connected via local cable. Now in the next step, you need to select “Yes, I will set up the printer’s wireless network.”
- In the “Choose a wireless connection method” window, choose “Use USB cable”. Honestly, I don’t even know why they put this item in, but come on – let’s move on.
- Next, you should see a list of the desired WiFi networks. Just choose the right one and enter the password.
- If you have an invisible network, then click on “Advanced” and then enter all the necessary data: name, mode, authentication, encryption, key, etc.
If your model supports the “Wi-Fi Direct” connection feature, then you’ll see a window like this next. To put it simply, this feature allows you to connect without using a router, that is, directly. When setting up nothing difficult, you just put a check mark, enter the name and password, and then connect to this network from your laptop. If you connect through a router, then uncheck the box and go to “Next”.
Once you are connected to the wireless network, the installer will also offer to install additional applications. Wait until the program also installs the driver for your operating system, otherwise the printer will not work with your computer or laptop.
How to connect a brother printer to wifi ?
Manufacturers of modern office equipment increasingly prefer to use wireless technology, as well as users. Virtually any printing device today is equipped with the ability to connect to a personal computer via Wi-Fi. The Brother printer is no exception. A step-by-step instruction on how to connect a brother printer via wifi to your computer will try to figure out below. And although each of the models has its own nuances of connection, but they do not differ from the general scheme cardinally.
What information can be useful?
Before proceeding directly to the configuration of the printer, it is necessary to know and write down the current settings of the Wi-Fi router. For the work we will need:
- network name (SSID);
- The network key (password).
This information can be found directly on the router or in its accompanying documentation.
There are two ways to connect to a wireless network: using the disk that comes with your office equipment, or using the menu on the unit.
How to connect your Brother printer to Wi-Fi with a disk
As a rule, any office equipment also comes with drivers written on a disk.
- To begin, connect the USB cable to your computer. The Start.exe autorun menu (Setup.exe) will appear on your monitor screen. If it doesn’t, manually start the autoloading from the disk through the computer.
- After that select wireless network connection, additional options, confirm USB cable.
- The last thing left is to check the network and enter the password.
- Use the up and down buttons to select the menu.
- Check and go to the “Network” category, where you select wireless.
- If you want to establish a normal connection, apply the “setup wizard”.
- The device will automatically search for all kinds of wireless networks, and when it displays yours, check it and press “OK”.
- After that, you will need to enter the requested password for the Wi-Fi network.
If your router is running in WPS mode, the menu will display “WPS available”. In this case, you should check this item, press the WPS button on the router. In this case the system may not ask for a password. Then select WPS/AOSS and when the screen asks you to enable the wireless network, confirm the action. On the router, also press WPS and confirm in the menu by pressing OK.
Connecting your Brother printer to wifi
Pay attention to the indicator light: the “wifi” diode will blink while setting up, if the installation is successful – the indicator light is on all the time.
Installing the driver
The main nuances of the instruction how to connect the printer brother via wifi are disassembled, but the device setup is not complete. You will also need to install the driver. In Windows there is either built-in software, or there is an opportunity to access it through the system update. Drivers are used to support and keep your Brother model up to date, without them you won’t be able to scan documents, receive them via fax.
To install the driver, you need to connect the printer to your PC with a USB cable. The installation should start automatically.
If you encounter problems at this stage:
- Connect the printer directly to the computer;
- Try unplugging the device and plug it in again;
- Remove the USB hub to avoid recognition failure.
How to connect hp envy printer to wifi ?
Connecting the HP ENVY 110 printer
Adding a printer to the network
– WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
Wireless network with a router (infrastructure)
– Installing network connection software
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
To connect your device to a wireless network using WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), follow the steps below.
An 802.11 wireless network with a wireless WPS router or access point.
A desktop or laptop computer with wireless networking support or a network card. The computer must be connected to the wireless network to be installed.
How to connect the printer using WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
Follow one of the steps below.
By pressing the
а. Select the setting method.
And WiFi Protected Setup.
Tap Push Button.
б. Set up the wireless connection.
Tap and hold on the button on your router or other WPS-enabled network device to turn on the WPS function.
The device starts a countdown (approximately 2 minutes), during which time you must press the appropriate button on the network device.
Install the software.
Using the PIN code
Select a setup method.
- WiFi Protected Setup.
Set up the wireless connection.
Tap Launch. The device displays the PIN code.
Enter the PIN code on your router or other network device that supports WPS technology.
The device starts a countdown (approximately 2 minutes), during which time you must enter the PIN code on the network device.
в. Install the software.
Wireless networking with a router (infrastructure)
The following is required to connect the device to the built-in 802.11 WLAN.
An 802.11 wireless network with a wireless router or access point.
A desktop or laptop computer with wireless LAN support or a network card. The computer must be connected to a wireless network, which must be set up on the printer.
A high-speed Internet connection (recommended), such as cable or DSL. If you connect the machine to a wireless network with Internet access, a wireless router (access point or base station) with DHCP is recommended.
Network name (SSID).
WEP key or WPA passphrase (if required).
To connect the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard
1. Write down the network name (SSID) and WEP key or WPA passphrase.
2. Start the Wireless Network Setup Wizard.
Tap Wireless Network Setup Wizard.
3. Establish a connection to the wireless network.
Select the desired network in the list of detected networks.
4. Follow the instructions.
5. Install the software.
Installing the network connection software
Use this section to install HP ENVY software on a network-connected computer. Before installing the software, make sure that the device is connected to the network. If the product has not been connected to a network, follow the instructions on the screen as you install the software to connect the product to the network.
The installation time depends on the operating system you are using, the amount of free space you have, and the clock speed of your processor.
How to install the Windows software on a computer connected to the network
1. Finish running all the programs on the computer.
2. Insert the installation CD supplied with the unit into the CD-ROM drive on the computer and follow the instructions on the screen.
If your device is not connected to a network, run Wireless Setup Wizard from the Network menu on your device.
A firewall dialog box appears, follow the instructions. If firewall pop-up messages appear, you should always accept or allow the requested action.
4. On the Connection Type screen, select the appropriate option and click Next. While searching for a device on the network, the Search screen is displayed.
5. On the Printer Found screen, verify that the printer description is correct.
If more than one printer is found on the network, the Detect Printers screen is shown. Select the device you want to connect to.
6. Follow the instructions for installing the software. Once the software is installed, the device is ready to use.
7. To test the network connection, go to your computer and print a self-test report on the device.