How to root Samsung Galaxy A51 and unlock the bootloader
Samsung recently released the Galaxy A51 along with the Galaxy A71. Both of the latter A-series smartphones are identical in design and also have similar specs. We’ve already shared a guide on how to get root rights on the Galaxy A71, and in this guide we’ll focus on the Galaxy A51. The device offers a great user interface, and you can improve performance by customizing your phone. And for system-level customization, you need to root your device. Here you will learn How to Root Samsung A51 and how to unlock the bootloader on galaxy a51.
Galaxy A51 is the successor of its predecessor Galaxy A50, and it really stands out as a good successor. All the features compared to the Galaxy A50 have been improved in the Galaxy A51. And if you want to get more add-ons and features on your phone, you can get root rights on your phone using the effective methods described in this guide. Rooting will add features like changing system fonts, applying third-party themes, customizable boot animations, and more.
Getting root rights on Samsung devices isn’t easy compared to devices from other brands. It’s because of OneUI, introduced last year, and because of its two-tiered security, it’s not easy to write on the systems at all. But it’s not impossible, as many developers have found that only a few steps need to be added to the usual rooting methods. And to get root rights on the Samsung A51, you must first unlock the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy A51.
As you are now aware of the problems you have to face when rooting Samsung devices. Follow the instructions carefully so that you don’t ruin your device. There are two effective ways to get root rights on Galaxy A51, but only one is possible at the moment, as there is no special recovery for Galaxy A51. We are going to use the Magisk patch image to root the Samsung A51. But first, go through the Galaxy A51 unlock bootloader guide if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet.
Unlocking Samsung Galaxy A51 bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is a necessary step or you won’t be able to root your phone. By default, all phones come with a locked bootloader, unless you buy phones with unlocked status. It prohibits users from changing or writing anything on the system level in the device. So if you plan to root your phone or install custom ROMs, follow these steps.
- First, be sure to make a full backup of your data because unlocking the bootloader will delete all data from your phone.
- After a successful backup, open “Settings” on your phone.
- Go to “About Phone” and then press Build Number continuously until the message “You are now a developer” appears.
- Now go back to the main settings and go to Advanced Settings > Developer Options. If you don’t find developer options, search for developer options in the search bar.
- In developer settings, turn on OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Turn off the phone completely. Then press Volume Up + Volume Down together and while holding both buttons, connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable.
- When Warning screens, release both buttons and press the Volume Up button once to enter boot mode.
- Once your device has booted into Download Mode, press and hold the volume up button to unlock the bootloader. It will erase all data from your phone and unlock the bootloader on Samsung A51.
- Now reboot your device into the system and re-enable the developer options by following the same steps as above.
- In the developer options, make sure OEM Unlocking is greyed out. If yes, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Galaxy A51, and if not, try again in a few days.
Now that the bootloader is unlocked on the Samsung A51, you can start installing the custom recovers and rooting the phone. But before going through the steps, read the requirements.
Root Samsung A51 with a patched Magisk file
- Copy the downloaded Magisk Manager APK to your phone and install the app.
- Now extract the firmware to your computer and copy AP.tar (AP_A707XXXU1ASIX_EXAMPLE_0000000_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar) from the extracted folder to your phone memory.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and first click “Install” > “Install”.How to get root rights on Samsung A51
- The next screen will take you to “Select Method”, so select “Select and Fix File”.How to get root rights on Samsung A51
- Then find the AP.tar and wait for the patching process.
- The output patched file magisk_patched.tar will be saved in the Download folder.
- Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your computer and be sure to remember its location.
- Now turn off your device and boot into Download Mode the same steps as in the guide to unlock the bootloader.
- When the Galaxy A51 has booted into Download Mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- Once the phone is connected, open the Odin tool (Odin.exe) that you downloaded at the beginning.
- In Odin tool go to “Options” tab and uncheck it. Auto-Reboot.How to get root rights on Samsung A51
- Click on AP and select the file magisk_patched.tar. Then click on BL and select BL (it will be in the extracted firmware folder). Similarly, select CP as well as CSC in Odin.
- Once you have added all the files to the specific partitions, click on the Start button. Then wait for the success message, you can also track the progress in the upper left corner.
- After flashing the files you need to carefully boot into the rooted system using the combination of buttons below.
- Press and hold down the volume + power button and release all buttons when you see a warning screen.
That’s it, now you have successfully booted your Samsung A51 into the rooted system.
You need to use the same button combination every time you turn off your device. Also, avoid using the reboot option on your phone. Use the following button combinations to boot into Recovery and System without root.
- System without Root: normal power on
- Recovery Mode: press and hold the volume up + power button at the same time, and when you see a warning screen, release the single power button and keep pressing the volume up button until the recovery window appears.
So, you have a complete guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy A51 along with a guide on how to unlock the bootloader. We will add the second method after launching TWRP Recovery. If you encounter any error while following the steps, let us know in the comments section below.